Located within the beautiful town of Holly Springs minutes from the NC highway 55 bypass, Massage Ingenuity is the perfect destination to relax and rejuvenate, soothe what ails you, and find that blissful moment of peace. Come experience our serene ambiance and see why we have been rated #1 in massage therapy in Holly Springs. While serving our wonderful town and the surrounding communities, our clients travel from all over North Carolina including Fuquay-Varina, Apex, Cary, Raleigh, Durham, Lillington, and even as far as Greensboro.
Massage Ingenuity was established by Amanda Lunn in 2014. After almost twelve years of practicing massage in a variety of settings, she has utilized the best qualities of each to offer you an exceptional space to optimize the healing potential during your visit. Massage Ingenuity was so named for the meaning it entails. Ingenuity itself has many synonyms including flair, genius, inventiveness resourcefulness, skill, wisdom, creativity, art, astuteness and craft. Every massage is unique and implemented in the best way to suit each client at that particular moment to meet his/her goals. Our therapists are well trained and continually incorporate new techniques while refining tried and true ones. They can perform super light to extremely deep work as needed and requested for each session. Massage is like a dance; and we excel in mixing the right amount of art with the knowledge and expertise necessary to create the ultimate experience for our clients.
Whether you are looking to reduce stress, alleviate pain, increase flexibility, find comfort, or just unwind and have a moment to yourself, Massage Ingenuity is the perfect setting. Feel the effects of massage and know that you are in a safe and comfortable space to truly let your worries flow away. We are honored to help you relax physically, mentally, and emotionally by creating the ideal environment for your body to heal itself. Namasté.
Amanda was amazing! This was my first professional massage and I can’t wait to go back for my next! The space was so calming and relaxing also!
Amanda is hands down the best! I highly recommend her to everyone looking for a great massage.
Love the massage and love the atmosphere of the room, low lights, music and soft bed. Thank you for each session, it is so relaxing.
Amanda has great massage knowledge and technique as well as an awesome personality! My body is looking forward to regular sessions with her. Thanks Amanda!!!
Bill is such a great human being! Such great energy.
Bill is a compassionate and caring bodyworker. His casual nature lends so much room to feel comfortable and to genuinely be able to relax. He is trustworthy, professional, and gives off such great energy!
I just had my first visit with Bill Wright. AMAZING!!! He's very good at helping you to feel comfortable and and at ease. He listened and he hit every area I told him about and many more! There is a great energy about him and it comes through with somewhat of a vibration through his hands. You will truly feel rejuvenated.
Ellen from Holly Springs, NC
Amanda is absolutely wonderful. She provided me with the best deep tissue massage I have ever received in my 45 years. I was having extreme neck pain and she has helped me work out my pain without the use of medication. AMANDA IS AWESOME!! 🙂
Michelle from Holly Springs , NC
Struggling with physical illness, recovering from childbirth and persistent muscle aches and pains lead me to seek massage therapy. I saw other providers, but when I began seeing Amanda in May of 2012, my search for the perfect massage therapist ended. I was very nervous about seeing a new therapist; however, Amanda has a natural soothing, warm and caring personality that quickly put me at ease so that I could enjoy the massage experience. She listens and focuses on YOUR needs. It is obvious that she genuinely cares about your massage experience versus this being "just a job." Her experience and treatment modalities have proven to be very effective. Amanda has been to Thailand to study massage methods that have worked wonders on my ailing body. Amanda is very good at determining the best therapeutic style and approach based on your body's needs. She is very good at listening to what you're going through to provide the most beneficial massage experience for your specific needs. I have seen several massage therapists, and Amanda has by far exceeded my expectations. I am proud to report that I am still a client of hers and will continue to seek her soothing hands. I highly recommend anyone to seek her well experienced hands.
Bethany from Morrisville, NC
By far the best massages I've ever had! Amanda has magic hands. I've never been to a massage therapist as talented as her. She listens to what I want and seems to know exactly what my body needs. She is consistent every time. I always walk away feeling relaxed and like a new woman. I will never go to anyone else!
Pam from Holly Springs, NC
There are numerous health benefits of massage and if you have ever thought I should try that, you should schedule an appointment with licensed massage and bodywork therapist Amanda Lunn at Massage Ingenuity in Holly Springs. My name is Pam Gibson, and I have been very fortunate to enjoy monthly scheduled massages with Amanda Lunn. She is a fabulous therapist with a superb technique. Amanda ‘s massages flow so smoothly while she massages tense and tight muscles as those muscles relax and soften beneath her healing touch. I always feel so relaxed after her massage sessions I keep returning for more. Amanda’s calm demeanor makes you feel right at home and her warm presence makes you feel very comfortable. Amanda also gives discounts for your future visits which are a fantastic way to allow you to indulge in the healing power of massage. I recommend you call Amanda for an appointment to experience your own health benefits of massage.
Shari from Raleigh, NC
As I spend hour after hour sitting at a computer, I have been a massage client for several years now, for the monthly removal of the ‘knife in my shoulder blade’. Having recently moved to the Raleigh area, I was afraid it would take me forever to find an excellent massage therapist. So I thought I would try an AmazonLocal deal for a $29 massage in a chiropractor’s office in Cary. The woman went on and on about how through those special deals, she didn’t even make as much as she would for a 15 minute chair massage. And she didn’t deserve it either, given that what I received was little more than a backrub, and not even a good one at that. So I hesitated before trying again with a LivingSocial deal for Anderson Chiropractic Center. The first one that I purchased was for a chiropractic analysis and treatment from Dr. Chad Anderson, which was terrific and definitely needed after the move. He told me their massage therapist Amanda was outstanding, but not yet employed here, it was not in my budget. So when another LivingSocial deal came up, I was able to meet Amanda and learn that firsthand. And the massage I purchased as a ‘deal’ was the same quality as all subsequent full-price ones have been. She is a consummate professional. She listens. She has excellent skills and is able to ‘feel’ the knots before I mention them. Her treatment is calming and sensitive, yet she provides a deep tissue massage that is one of the best I have ever received. I hope this review helps someone find her who needs her healing hands. My only fear in sharing this recommendation is that she will become so busy I won’t be able to get an appointment.
How often should I get a massage?
What can I try at home in the meantime or between appointments?
- Oftentimes, yoga can be beneficial. It can help to both strengthen and stretch your muscles.
- Many people find that drinking more water can help. Most seem to recommend drinking half your body weight in ounces of water a day.
- Tennis ball therapy might be another great way to reduce tension and pain at home. If your back is what is bothering you, you can lay on the floor with the tennis ball under your back. Find a “good” spot and hang out for a few seconds to a few minutes, and then roll the ball to a new spot and repeat. If at any point, it hurts in a bad way, decrease the amount of time at each area. If your hips are bothering you, you would follow the same strategy though sometimes you have to position yourself in a somewhat lying/seated position. If your feet are tired and sore, you can stand with one foot on the tennis ball while holding a wall or chair for support, and roll the ball back and forth. If you find it is not enough pressure, you can always try a lacrosse or golf ball. If it is too much pressure, we have had clients use something softer like folded socks.
- Contrast therapy may be helpful as well. Generally, it is recommended for the first 24-48 of an injury to ice the area in order to reduce swelling and inflammation. After that point, heat or contrast therapy is recommended. With contrast therapy, you would alternate ice and heat for five rounds always starting and ending with ice. Ice helps to relieve pain and constricts the blood vessels to squeeze out waste products and old hormones relieving inflammation. Heat dilates the blood vessels allowing new hormones and nutrients to come in. By utilizing both hot and cold therapies, you are creating a pump to get out the old and bring in the new so your body can heal and adjust more optimally.
What is the first appointment like?
Do I have to get completely undressed?
What should I wear during a massage?
Will the massage hurt?
Can I talk during my session?
How many sessions will I need to feel better?
How will I feel after my massage session?
When should I not get a massage?
Do you offer pregnancy massage?
What if I fall asleep during a massage?
Can you perform massage on minors?
Do you accept FSA and HSA cards?
- Medical necessity: Why you need massage therapy? (example: to help relieve pain in a particular area of your body)
- Frequency: How often should you receive massage therapy? (example: minimum of “x” sessions per month)
- Duration: How long should my length of treatment be? (example: 12 months)